Nonprofit Management (ACE CREDIT®)
- : 0
- General: 8
- Specified - Strategic Business: 24
This online course introduces learners to current management issues for nonprofit organizations. Video commentary on these crucial topics provides insight into how nonprofit professionals apply key concepts in their own organizations. The self-paced course offers an assortment of interactive exercises, videos, selected readings, case studies, and self-assessments that engage students and provide opportunities to practice effective decision making in a nonprofit setting.
This course is made up of the following components:
- Introduction to Nonprofit Management
- Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations
- Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization
- Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development
- Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization
- vHow to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement
- Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations
- Introduction to Grant Writing
- Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations
- Social Media for Nonprofits
This course has been evaluated by The American Council on Education's College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT®) with a recommendation of 3 credits, lower division, in nonprofit management and leadership.
A student's grade in the course will be based on their performance on a final, cumulative exam. The final exam is composed of 50 multiple-choice questions. Students will have 2 hours to complete the exam. The exam is proctored. For more information, please see the syllabus.
If students do not earn a passing score of 70% on their first attempt, they will have the opportunity to take the exam 2 additional times (3 total attempts). Students must wait 24 hours between exam retakes. A passing score of 70% of above is required to request college credit for this certificate.
Courses included in this suite
Not available for individual sale