Marketing has become vital to the success of an organization in today's competitive world. This course provides an introduction to marketing and marketing planning, and addressing the definition of marketing, the marketing mix (the Four Ps), the strategic importance of marketing, and customer values and satisfaction. The course continues into topics of marketing planning including market research, pricing, distribution, and targeting.
- Define marketing and the marketing concept
- Understand the marketing process
- Explain the uses of the marketing mix (the Four Ps)
- Explore the relationship between marketing and strategic planning
- Understand customer value, customer satisfaction, and the importance of loyalty
- Discuss the role of ethics in marketing
- Describe the marketing planning process
- Understand how marketing information and market research is gathered, analyzed, and used
- Describe how target markets are identified and pursued
- Understand product marketing, including new product development
- Discuss the marketing issues involved in establishing the promotional mix and in setting prices
- Understand the key issues in placement and distribution planning
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.