HR Hot Topic: The Future of Work
- Type: Specified - Strategic Business
- Leadership: 1
- Strategic & Business Mgmt: 0.25
- Technical: 0.25
What will the future workspace look like? What are the "typical jobs" of tomorrow? How many hours a week will employees work? How will culture and technology affect the future of work? The answers to these questions are based on events, innovation, employer motivation, and the needs, preferences, and composition of the workforce.
This course explores the future of work in the context of COVID-19, automation, artificial intelligence (AI), business sustainability, multi-generational workforces, different business models, increasing demand for flexible work arrangements, an evolving organizational culture, and a need for expanded accessibility.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Explain how the impact of COVID-19 can affect future workplaces
- Identify factors likely to drive the demand for future jobs
- Compare and contrast different flexible work arrangements
- Explain advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing
- Describe the roles of automation and artificial intelligence (AI) in the workplace
- Identify the ways that automation affects human resources
- Identify different uses of expanded accessibility in the workplace and how it can affect the workforce
- Describe the role of an organization's culture and explain a culture redesign
- Distinguish between alternatives to the traditional office
- Real-world case studies
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.