Do you love writing or children? Have you dreamed of having your own book published? This course will guide you through the process of identifying the format and audience for your book, brainstorming ideas, developing a plot and characters, writing effectively, seeking and benefiting from feedback, and finally perfecting your manuscript to send off to an agent or publisher. Whether you know exactly what you want to write or are still fishing around for ideas, this course will take you to the next level through exercises designed to further your particular project.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Describe the features of different formats of children's books
- Identify the elements of successful writing for children and common mistakes
- Come up with ideas, plots, and characters for a children's book
- Recognize the elements of complex characters and a compelling plot
- Describe common children's book plots
- Employ strategies for improving characters and plot development
- Rewrite effectively to strengthen your work
- Identify sources for feedback on your writing and opportunities for professional development
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of different avenues for publication
- Recognize the importance of submission guidelines
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.