HR Fundamentals for Managers
Proper management of human resources is vital for creating and sustaining a skilled and engaged workforce, developing a positive business culture, and generating a competitive advantage. In every business where a manager supervises a group of employees, that manager is responsible for some aspect of human resources, and successful managers know the importance of keeping up with current laws and HR best practices. This course equips managers with foundational HR knowledge in areas related to employee recruitment and selection, onboarding and training, compensation, and performance management.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the role of the manager in HR tasks
- Consider different approaches to employee recruitment
- List the steps involved in employee selection
- Review various methods for evaluating prospective employees
- Describe the importance of onboarding
- Distinguish between training and development
- Describe common types of training and training delivery methods
- Identify elements of compensation
- Consider the importance of wage equity and competitiveness
- Distinguish between legally mandated and optional benefits
- Compare various methods of performance appraisal
- Explain the importance of progressive discipline
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.