HR Ethics Series: Defining Business Ethics
- Type: Specified - Strategic Business
- Leadership: 1
- Strategic & Business Mgmt: 0.25
- Technical: 0.25
This course provides an introduction to business ethics, laying a foundation for how the study of right and wrong can (and should) shape the way organizations conduct business. While everyone within an organization is responsible for upholding high ethical standards, this course will focus specifically on the role that human resources professionals play in establishing and maintaining an ethical culture within an organization. The course addresses the importance of a code of conduct and professional and legal standards within the business organization. It lays out different ethical systems and how they provide frameworks for making ethical decisions.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Describe the role of ethics in the workplace
- Identify the intersection of human resources and ethics in business
- Recognize qualities of an effective code of ethics
- Understand how to implement and assess a code of ethics within an organization
- Describe some of the major ethical frameworks used in developing business ethics
- Summarize the three components of the ethical triangle: individual ethics, leadership ethics, and governance and control
- Recognize the varied influences involved in ethical decision-making
- Outline ethical models and guidelines
- Apply ethical principles to workplace scenarios
- Real-world case studies
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.