Small business leaders are responsible for inspiring employees to do their part to bring about the organization's goals. Good leaders must have a vision of where the business is going, possess strong communication skills, and be able to bring out the best in the people they lead to make that vision a reality. While the fundamentals of leadership and management are the same in large and small business settings, one or two bad leaders can more quickly have a detrimental impact on a small business.
This course will prepare you to lead and manage employees in your organization, whether you are navigating through periods of change, growth, or stress. You will learn about some of the qualities and values shared by successful leaders, like decisiveness, adaptability, and humility, as well as common managerial challenges and techniques, strategies, and best practices to overcome those obstacles.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define leadership
- Describe various leadership styles, bases, qualities, and skills
- Compare and contrast theories of leadership
- Explain the importance of ethics in leadership
- Distinguish between leadership, administration, and management
- Compare and contrast management styles
- Explain the role of management during periods of stress and change
- Understand the importance of emotional intelligence
- Explain the importance of managerial qualities like being decisive and delegating appropriately
- Consider methods for motivating employees
- Provide employees with effective, constructive feedback
- Describe approaches to conflict management
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.