Managing Remote Employees
- Type: Specified - Strategic Business
- Leadership: 1.25
- Strategic & Business Mgmt: 0.5
- Technical: 1.25
As businesses are increasingly turning to technology to handle both internal and external communications, the notion of a centralized workforce that meets face-to-face on a daily basis is becoming less common. Companies are embracing the idea of employing remote workers—from both near and far—who can provide a diverse range of skills and viewpoints without being bound by location. While there are many advantages to remote work for both the company and the individual, managers must be aware of the challenges that can arise when employing remote workers. This course explores the benefits and drawbacks of remote work and provides managers with tips for helping their remote workers stay connected and motivated.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify the reasons why people choose to work remotely
- Examine current attitudes toward remote work
- Consider some of the myths surrounding remote work
- List the benefits and drawbacks of remote work arrangements
- Assess whether their company is well-suited for remote work arrangements
- Identify the top challenges when it comes to leading remote employees
- Discuss best practices for hiring and onboarding remote employees
- Explore ways to develop remote workers
- Consider how to effectively communicate with remote employees
- Develop strategies for providing feedback to remote workers
- Identify ways to motivate and connect with remote employees
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.