Introduction to Small Business Management
- Type: Specified - Strategic Business
- Leadership: 1.25
- Strategic & Business Mgmt: 1.5
- Technical: 0.25
Introduction to Small Business Management is designed for prospective and current small business owners, entrepreneurs, and managers who want to understand the basics of running a successful small business. Managing a small business can be quite challenging, and this course provides an overview of small business operations, including business planning, legal issues, financial management, human resources, managing people, marketing, and customer care. Small business owners and managers should be better prepared to effectively deal with common problems and capitalize on market opportunities based on what they've learned.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Discuss the differences between the entrepreneurial and small business mindsets.
- Explain the business lifecycle and how it pertains to small business.
- Identify success factors for small business operators.
- Explore the advantages and disadvantages of starting a small business.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing an existing small business.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of franchising.
- Identify key legal issues for small business.
- Describe how small business owners and entrepreneurs craft business plans.
- Explain the crucial levers in small business financial management, including the crucial role of cash flow.
- Describe how small business owners can effectively manage their operations through delegation and oversight.
- Explain how to handle key human resource issues facing small businesses.
- Discuss how to make optimal use of small business marketing channels.
- Describe ways to provide superior customer service.
- Discuss global trade opportunities for small businesses.
- Identify frameworks for handling ethical issues confronted by small businesses.
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.