The CompTIA Security+® Exam Prep Course prepares test-takers for the Security+ exam, as administered by CompTIA. The CompTIA certification is recognized worldwide and adheres to the strict standards of ISO/IEC 17024 and is approved by the US Department of Defense to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. The course contains a variety of content presentation methods to help teach the concepts and vocabulary, and ultimately, learners are given ample opportunity to assess their skills with a multiple choice practice exam.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Compare and contrast various types of cyberattacks
- Describe the installation and configuration of network devices
- Implement secure network concepts
- Evaluate secure cloud, virtualization, and embedded systems concepts
- Install and configure identity and access services
- Compare various access control models
- Explain risk management concepts
- Explain incident response procedures
- Evaluate disaster recovery and digital forensics concepts
- Compare and contrast the characteristics of different cryptography algorithms and public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.