Public speaking is one of the most common anxiety-inducing experiences. Whether delivering a speech in front of a large audience or having a direct conversation with one or two other people, we often allow stress and nerves to impede our ability to deliver a clear message. This course is designed to help learners understand the causes and signs of speaking anxiety and learn practical ways to address their speaking fears.
- Define speaking anxiety
- Identify the common signs and symptoms of speaking anxiety
- Explain the typical causes of speaking anxiety
- Discuss the role of self-confidence in combatting speaking anxiety
- Practice confidence building strategies
- Explain and demonstrate relaxation techniques, such as equalized breathing, tension release, and visualization
- Consider how to manage anxiety in one-on-one and small group interactions
- Identify tips and tools for handling anxiety when delivering a speech in front of a large audience
|Accessible||Badge and credit-awarding|
|Games & Flashcards||Real-world case studies|
|Audio-enabled in app|
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.