As organizations become increasingly globalized and as legal environments quickly evolve, the importance of governance, risk management, and compliance continues to gain in importance. Regulatory compliance forces organizations to better manage their data as noncompliance can lead to penalties, fines, and worse. With the proper governance and risk management structures in place, an organization can better manage data and risk to improve business outcomes while adhering to regulations.
This course is designed for IT professionals and other adult learners who are interested in furthering their knowledge of governance, risk management, and compliance as these relate to information technology.
- Explain the importance of information security governance, risk, and compliance (GRC)
- Differentiate between security program development and enterprise security frameworks
- Identify key themes in ethics and information security law
- Describe the importance of security awareness, training, and education
- Describe how an IS risk management program contributes to business success
- Conduct risk analysis and perform risk calculations
- Describe common IT risk controls
- Define the role of audits, reports, and log reviews and how these are used to maintain compliance
- Explain how business impact analysis and business continuity planning apply to risk
- List and describe the elements that comprise a compliance plan
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.